Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What is time to God?





It is so funny the 24 hours we are given everyday. Actually, it's really only 16 hours of time we can actually get things done. Although, the dreams we have can also be quite productive. And now, I am finding myself using some of that time blogging. But, I seem to have so many thoughts running in my head that if I do not get them out..then I cannot do the other things I need to do.
So, I will take a few minutes of my 16 hours to share with whoever finds themselves on my page.

I am convinced that rushing through life is not God's purpose for us. For some reason, I see Him always saying to slow down. God's word in my head says to be still. I love the way these 2 words calm my soul almost immediately. Psalm 46:10

I think when we feel God has not answered our prayers, it is because we are so impatient. And we do not understand God's time. He lives outside of time. We are put into time. We are given 24 hours...and God says, "Here..do something with these precious hours"
He modeled exactly how we should live out these moments in our life.

In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, it says to be joyful always, praying continually and give thanks in all circumstances.
So there it is. My time must be spent in these three ways.

Lord, slow me down so that I do not waste the precious time you have given me to be joyful, to keep praying and to be thankful in all things!


No comments:

Post a Comment