Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

18 years of growth


Being a mom for my son started 18 yrs ago today.
So many times of watering this young boy of mine into the young man he is today, much water splashed on me too and God has watered me right alongside of this child.
It's so interesting to think about all the ways God grows us.
I am humbled today when I think about being a mama.
I have been a student - studying and learning for 18 yrs about who my son is and who I am.
We are very different and yet this difference has been a huge way God has grown us both!!

Lots of watering and planting ... But so thankful God has done the growing!!

1 Corinthians 3:5-9 - 'What after all is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe - as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.'

This child of God is blessed to raise my child up in the way God has planned for him.

Thankful to know he is walking today with his Lord. I have joy in my heart.

Thank you Lord for your grace in my life!
Thank you for my son who loves you!
Keep growing us both -

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for seed planting, watering, and growing! Beautiful! His blessings are abundant!

    ReplyDelete