Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Abiding



Does my life look like it is abiding? I know my heart desires this more than anything. But, wait does it? Is this just what my mind tells me I want?
How does my life look like it is abiding when, I want something I know I can't have?
Or when I live in so many comforts of this city life?
Do I react or respond when a phone call from a friend reminds me only God is sufficient?


Abiding ~ a deep place where I have complete trust in my Father in heaven. Believing with all of my heart what God says is true. This keeps me yielding,trusting and waiting on my Father.
Abiding in Him.

Waiting on God. Not reacting to the noise and confusion that surrounds me everyday.
When all day I am focused on the presence of God...am I abiding then?

Abiding in Christ is staying in constant communion with Him.

I am thankful today that Christ wants to abide with me more than I do with Him. I know this truth will continue to draw me to Him.

The evidence of this abiding is fruit. God's abundant fruit. The fruit that will last and will nourish my soul and bring joy. The joy that Jesus describes in John 17:13. The full measure of Christ joy within me.

I think the thing is...we must get rid of the pride in us that keeps us from simply abiding. Pride tells us we must do something....
Abiding is doing nothing...but simply resting in the presence of God with not a care about anything.

God commands us to abide. What? I just love this!! God is commanding us to just rest in HIM.
Get over ourselves and just rest in the most capable arms of Jesus.

Abiding makes us look at peace with God and with others.

Thank you Lord for commanding me to abide in you. To trust you completely!

John 15 ~ Abiding in Him is what this child of God plans to do for the rest of my life.
May my life look this way so that God is glorified through me. So that, others will be drawn to Christ...the True Vine.

I pray Lord, for opportunities to reveal to others around me that I am abiding in the Most High.
love,
your daughter <3








1 comment:

  1. So true!! Love this post and Iove that thought too - God wants us to rest in Him...that is something we should rsvp easily and excitedly....YES, LORD I'm there to rest with you!! Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest - he commands it and invites us to him!! He IS so good! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete