Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

United together as One


John 17:11 ~ Jesus' last words and His desire for us from this passage is to ' be one as He is one with His Father.'

I am so drawn to this desire. I am one of Jesus's answered prayers here in 2011. Over 2000 years ago, Jesus prayed for me to one with others and God like He is one with the Father.
I love this so much and totally get it and feel it.

I feel this oneness in the words said by complete strangers to me who write words of life on their blog. Do they know that I am one with them because Jesus makes us one?
I feel this oneness when I read in Habakkuk 3 - that I will be joyful in God my Savior...no matter what!
I feel this oneness when tomorrow's days have not been revealed to me yet.
I feel this oneness when my 3 kids tell me stories of their days and how they are depending on God to get them through.
I feel this oneness in my tears, my laughter and the warmth of my husbands arms around me.
I feel this oneness with my husband who is abiding with Christ too and we are one in every way.

Being one with God is the greatest feeling and I cannot imagine my life any other way.

I am growing in my oneness with Jesus, my Lord, and with God my Father and in The Holy Spirit who softly speaks to me.

John 17:11 ~ ' I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name-the name you gave me-so that they may be one as we are one.'

This brings peace to my soul. The peace knowing that by the name of Jesus, I am one with my God and nothing will ever separate this oneness. Love...this is real and everlasting love.

Breathing in complete unity with my God and so many others today.
Jesus, your prayers have been answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment