Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

~ Giving thanks ~


Why do I give thanks everyday....

'He sent out His word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Psalm 107:20

The beautiful gift of God's Word. I don't know if we realize what we hold in our hands everyday. The very words of God. I am constantly longing to talk to God and hear what He will say back to me in my restless flowing of words.
And I hear Him say to me ~ Come to me, my child and I will give you rest, hope, life, freedom, assurance, confidence, my ear, joy, peace, understanding, perspective, guidance, wisdom, knowledge, forgiveness, grace,mercy, acceptance, love, smiles, healing, courage, purpose, everything your soul needs.

My God is sufficient. My soul finds it's resting place in the Word of God and His promises that are true. Believing what God says is life!
When we come to the end of striving....we will find life.

God says we must believe Him.

I can give thanks today because I believe every Word that God says. I believe all that He says!
I can give thanks today because I believe His Word is true.
I can give thanks today in All things because I believe my life is hidden in Christ!
I can give thanks today because I believe my life is not my own, I have been bought at a price. I am His.
I can give thanks today because I believe He is faithful.
I can give thanks today because I believe in the death of my Dad, I found God to be my Father.
I can give thanks today because I believe when suffering is crushing me , I see Christ suffering for me.
I can give thanks in the betrayal of friends because I believe Jesus is my true friend that sticks closer than a brother.
I can give thanks in the loss of worldly possessions because I believe Jesus when He says do not worry about what you will wear or what you will eat. He takes care of me.
I can have trouble in this world because I believe Jesus has overcome everything in this world.
I can forgive because I believe God has forgiven me.
I can have joy in suffering because I believe God uses all things for the good of those who love Him.
I can have hope because I believe God when He says He will finish the work He started in me.


God's Word has healed me. He has spoken life into me and I am alive today and forever.

I truly and with all my heart can Give Thanks in All circumstances because I know and believe it is the will of God for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Giving thanks for me is everyday. And thanks lives deep in my heart as I live out the purposes God has for me this side of Heaven.

As that one special day approaches on our earthly calendar calling us to Give Thanks ~ I will smile and give thanks for the way God has revealed Himself to me in His Word not just one day of the year but for every 365 days of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment